This Green Power Soup puts the power of greens to work! This is one amazing soup. Green foods are powerful antioxidants, rich in chlorophyll (a green pigment that also acts as a detox agent in the body), essential nutrients and omega 3 fatty acids.
These fatty acids are necessary for the production of hormones. A healthy hormone balance translates directly into a healthy body and life.
After adding all of these ingredients, you have an ultimate power soup to conquer those hormones.
- 60ml (2 fl oz) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1.5L (2 ½ pt) vegetable stock
- 150g (5 ½ oz) green beans, trimmed and chopped
- 150g (5 ½ oz) green peas
- 150g (5 ½ oz) asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1cm(½ inch)pieces
- 85g (3oz) baby spinach leaves, torn into pieces
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion, garlic and celery until lightly browned. Add the zucchini and broccoli and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes then add the green beans, peas, asparagus, and spinach. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Season well with cracked black pepper.
4. For extra taste, serve with a little dollop of pesto.
Share this with your friends!