At some point, we have to come to terms with the fact that our time on this world is limited. We can only live our lives to the fullest if we are able to make the most of the finite time we have. And you know what? There’s no limit to what we can achieve! We can fulfill our highest purpose if we are able to maximise our time.
We handed out questionnaires to our clients some time ago and found out that about 250 of them want to be able to manage their time better. Unfortunately, they did not know how.
So how do you gain an abundance of time? How can you achieve more?
I’ve put together these eight simple tips.
- Identify your peak performance times and make the most of them.
- Always make your most important tasks a priority.
- If you are tempted to procrastinate, tackle smaller tasks first.
- Break your biggest tasks into smaller chunks so you can handle them more flexibly.
- Get more organised. Streamline your to-do lists by using digital tools, such as journals and spreadsheets.
- Set realistic goals and time limits for all tasks.
- Always reward yourself for a job well-done.
- Never hesitate to ask for help when you need it.
The most important thing to understand is that there is a certain amount of hours in a day – 24. I’ve always believed that if you want to be truly successful, you only need to work half the time. That’s 12 hours. I’ve often said this as a joke, but there is some truth to it. To succeed in the pursuit of your goals, you need to make them a priority and not hesitate to put in as many hours as possible.
There are 168 hours in a week. This will never change, and it’s something we have no control over. But what you do with every hour, minute and second you have will always be up to you. No matter how much time you have, how you spend this most valuable resource is what truly matters.